Greatest Fears - Bethany Style

|

Holy smokes, where do I even begin?? I was so gullible as a child (well, I suppose I still am, though I prefer the term "trusting") and I was just such an easy target.

I remember a hole in the wall of our front room - the doorknob had rammed into the wall a few too many times and left a hole just big enough to put the tip of your finger through. I thought spiders lived in there, and I'm pretty sure all three of my older brothers verified it for me at one point or another. I avoided that thing like the plague.

There was also a hole in the ceiling of our downstairs bathroom from water that had leaked near the shower. Every time I stepped into the shower, I was ducking, leaning away from and looking like an idiot trying to keep away from that thing. Spiders lived there, too, you know. I was sure of it.

Then, the Petersen girls were staying at our house for a week or so, and TiNille told me a ghost story about a doll that came to life every night and eventually killed it's innocent girl owner. I was holding my very favorite doll, and she told me it LOOKED JUST THAT LIKE ONE!!! I nearly died crying from fright. I'm pretty sure my mom wasn't too thrilled with this one, as I never played with that dolly ever again. (I'm over it now. Love you, TiNille!)

I don't think I was ever really afraid of the boogey man or monsters in the closet (that I can remember), mostly just spiders, dolls and clowns.

Which reminds me, Stephen King's "IT" ruined me for life. I was so stupid to watch that show (over and over, no less) when I was a tweenager (I swear it was because I thought the kid who played the main character was so cute! What are they doing casting such cute boys in a show young girls should not be watching?!!). Sewer drains and showers were both incredibly difficult for me to maneuver for a long, long time after that whole phase.

I'm sure there is much, much more, but these are the things that first came to mind.

And Nick, I don't mind having this blog public. Anyone who may stumble upon it wouldn't know what in the world we were talking about in the first place! Love you all!

4 comments:

Kris said...

thanks for sharing Bethany. brothers huh?
I think however that Courtnie was probably the scarey story teller in our house.

Anonymous said...

I remember watching IT at your house! I was scared to death of it and of sink drains from then on...my kids saw the movie a few months back and asked to watch it--NO WAY and never again!:)

Love ya Beth!
Amber

Cassie said...

I remember sneaking down the stairs while you were having a sleepover with your friends and you were watching "IT"....All I saw was the scene where the shower turns off by itself....
Aaaaaaaannndd that's all I needed to see of that movie to make me wanna wet my pants. To this day I've never seen it.

Courtnie said...

Yes I was. Anything to get those boys goin!!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB