Greatest Fears

|

Myrna,
I hope you don't mind that I put this under a new post rather than a comment. Love this post. I thought you were the brave one and now here I find out that you were as frightened as me. I also know now that Bob was behind so much of this. Of course, I was afraid of Steve Kelly too and so many more.

From Myrna
First of all, Love the photos Courtnie. Thanks so much. As to my greatest fears. Well the one thing that I was truly scared of was the closet in our room (Kris and mine) there was this opening covered up by a board in the ceiling. I was sure there was something up there and of course Bob would validate my fears. I think that is where Kris and I got so paranoid about the boogey man. (from Bob!) Also, I was very afraid of mentally ill people, because that was for real! One night, Lynette came into my room, (can't remember if Kris was there or not, I don't think so) Anyway, she was acting mentally ill big time! Bent over and walking wierd and making horrible gutteral sounds. I was so scared that I called for my Mom. Well, there was mom behind her, just laughing her head off. I still remember this and couldn't beleive that my mother would not protect me! I DID NOT think it was funny in any way and was very put out that they did that to me! Funny your memories and what sticks into your mind, That is why seeing Physcho (remember that movie) just absolutely scared the socks off me! That last view with that son turning around in that chair, I still remember. Didn't like that movie at all, but had to watch it at a sleeping party. ugh (If you haven't seen it, be prepared to be scared!)
Aunt Myrna

May 26, 2009 11:28 AM

5 comments:

Kris said...

I have to tell you Myrna that mentally ill people for the most part do not sound like your description. Lynette was probably more of the Friday Night Fright type of creature. I can visualize her even now. Remember that mom and dad probably started it all with their yearly Halloween costumes. What a fam huh?

Cassie said...

I find it pretty freaking hilarious that MY MOTHER, LYNETTE, would be walking around acting mentally ill! I can't picture that at all, but it gave me a good laugh, so thanks for sharing! :)

jackson said...

Oh yeah she did. Lynette was a big tease!
Love you Lynette. Would someone (Gabe, Josh, Zack, Arienne,Emily, Bethany,anyone, go over and show Lynette how to blog on this!) I would love to hear from her. A
And Bob, where are you? I'm sure you could tell a few horror stories yourself!
Where are some stories from my own kids?? How about the one where Dad was lurching in the basement window with that horrible mask on and just about scared poor little Robert to death while he was watching TV?//
Such funny stories. Loved to hear about them. Funny funny the things that go on when you are young.
Love
Aunt Myrna

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to add that my mom is hilariously and deathly afraid of mice, rats, or any form of rodent. All of her kids have gotten our laughs worth in scaring our mom with the topic--especially my dad! All we have to do is mention the word and she's at attention, wide-eyed and ready to jump up on the couch or chair--it gets my dad howling with teasing laughter. Love ya Momma!

Anonymous said...

I guess I have to add--and admit that I am similar to my mom in character--only with all forms of strange bugs and spiders especially. I try to suck it up and be cool around my kids to not spread my insane fears, especially because my Rob loves to bring them home and let the kids play with them. I breathe deeply to keep cool about it--but sometimes that doesn't work and I'm off running scared of a strange spider or flying bug.

It doesn't help that Kansas has some of the biggest wierdest looking ones around--cicadas are my most unloved Kansas critter because they always love to fly in my hair! It makes my Rob and my kiddos tease and laugh at their momma too:)

Love, Amb

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB