Memories of Grandma Leona

|

As most of us younger generation of grandkids, our memories of our grandparents have seemed to fade, as we try to grasp onto those memories, I am so grateful that there are so many older cousins and aunts and uncle to remind us of those great memories that we so desperatly need to have in our hearts..

As we lived in Delta, we were able to spend a lot of time with Grandma and Grandpa Riding, as well as Grandma and Grandpa Moody. I remember as a student at Delta north Elementary, I took full advantage of Grandma Leona's kindness, when I would call her telling her that i wasn't feeling too good, and she would always show up with a bottle of Sprite to help "settle" my stomach.. I remember Grandma Leona's love and kindness for me, she always took great care of me and as my memory isn't as great as others, I will always remember the love i have for my Grandma Leona.

I remember one time not too long ago.. maybe 4 or 5 years ago, I stopped on the freeway to help an elderly woman with a flat tire near Springville. As i tried to comfort her nerves I made small talk, as I got to know her, I found out that she was great friends with Grandma Leona, and it was so good to share stories of them as I fixed her tire.

Once again, I will always love Grandma Leona, and I know she knows that.


Remember, this blog is also to post about memories of us growing up, getting to know each other in that way is a great way to learn about each other.

1 Comentário:

Bethany said...

Nick, that is so sweet. As I was reading that, I thought, "I know Grandma would want a nice, trustworthy young man to help HER in the same situation." I'm glad you were that young man for grandma's friend.

Love you!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB