Great Grandmom Riding

|

How much do I love my Great Grandmom? I'm sure all of you know how much love I have for her as you all have the same. What an inspirational woman being able to live so long by herself without anyone there to take care of her. I loved going to her house and if I think about it I can still smell how inviting her house was. It was really hard when it was time to put her into a home, and even then she was still in an apartment living by herself.

I'm sure all of the memories I have everyone has because if grandmom was anything she was proud! I would love everytime I went there she would remind, and show, us how she could still touch her toes! And she really could! It was just amazing to watch her and how I wished I could do that! (still do!!) She would also tell me of her amazing trips she had gone on, she was really able to see some interesting places, I believe Samoa was one?

Grandmoms love for her family was infectious. I was never able to meet Grandad but she would tell me stories and I could just picture him there with her. Her love for her children and grandchildren was so strong, how she could always remember everyone was beyond me. But there they all were pictures posted all over her wall. My mom and I used to joke that grandmom was the only one allowed to call Daniel, Danny. He was her Danny boy. I think back to her now as a grownup and just hope that I have as much perserverance and love that she did. What an amazing, beautiful woman. I miss her very much.

1 Comentário:

Anonymous said...

Justin and Christie--do we still have that video somewhere of Grandmom telling her stories and Kade and Great Grandma touching their toes together (Kade trying to!)? It was around the time of Kade and April's wedding if I recall right. Jay was filming and I was sitting by Grandmom asking her questions. Where is that film?!? That would be really cool to see again if it's still around!

Court--I remember playing with you in her yard near that pretend wishing well--which always seemed so far away from the house, but when I went back as an adult it wasn't!

I also remember going to her 90th birthday party when I was staying with you (Tini and I) that summer. I was always so proud to amaze my friends that I had a 90 year old Great Grandma--they wouldn't believe me...especially when I said she still lived in her house and could touch her toes! She is a perfect example of a healthy, happy life!

Love, Amber

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB