Someone get me out of here!!

|

I have tried twice to make a comment regarding another person's post, just to make a small comment, and I think I have been quite creative in my observations. HOWEVER!!!, when I try to post the comments, they disappear into netherworld and I am frustrated because all the energy went for naught but my own amusement. Would someone please let me know how to submit a comment to another person's post? There is a little drop down box that apparently I don't have a clue about which one I am supposed to select. Ah well.....I move forward....

I am sharing a FEAR story...although not my greatest fear....

I am newly in the post of librarian at my school. This summer I have been changing some things around in the library and my office in particular.

I listened to Ender's Game this summer while cleaning and re-arranging my office in the library.

I was moving from one room to another while cleaning and filing stuff. The narrator for Ender's was male at that point and so hearing the male voice was companionable as it was later in the day and I thought I was on my own. I had forgotten that earlier in the week I had requested the custodian to come drill a hole in the brick mortar for a picture to be hung.

As I moved from the brightly lit work room into a small, darkened connecting hall to the office, I walked smack into two men who were back-lit by the windows of the library, their faces in shadow, who were carrying weapons er, tools. I screamed a mighty scream and all three of us jumped back wards. The head custodian, after I quit screaming and he and his younger assistant quit laughing, said, "Didn't you hear us talking?" I had heard the male voices and just assumed it was part of the narration of Enders Game. I am sure it will be a while before the young kid looks at me without laughing. The lead custodian would hold it over my head.... but he jumped as far back and yelped as much as I did, so I think I'm safe from him.

I think this is Bob's fault. He used to scare me all the time! Myrna and Kris, it wasn't just you two he tormented. I have several tales to tell ( :

2 comments:

Sarah Ball said...

Aunt Lynette- Just click on post a comment and once you are in here write what you want but then use the scroll down that says comment as.. and if you are already signed in then your name will show up and you can click on that and then just hit post comment. hope that helps.
P.S. I am laughing so hard at your scare because that sounds so much like something I would do! I am sure they will be laughing for days about that one!

Kris said...

oooh, oooh, do tell us more.
Thanks for sharing sis. I probably would've "soiled myself" too. jk
In the drop down, it is probably Google that Nick set you up in. Click the Google and it will automatically have you sign in. After that, it should send you back to your 'post a comment' location.
You will probably be receiving many tips on this from family. After all, it is the Indian in us (too many chiefs?)..Love you Lynette.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB