Seven Years......

|

Can you believe it's been that long???



I thought I'd share this with all of you.  I wrote it the day of Grandpa's funeral.  It's a mixture of everything I saw and felt that day.  I've been missing him so much today.  

*GRANDPA*

I feel your presence on the breeze
I smell your scent among the flowers
I feel your gaze across the sunset
I know you whipser with every drop of rain that falls
I know, someday, we'll walk the clouds together
that is my motivation,
that's what makes me believe.
And when I cry
You comfort me
I hear your voice through a wink of your tender eye
and with your smile,
sweet and simple.
As I wait for you,
I know you wait for me.
And this is why I sense your care
along this path.
And the beautiful river sends your callings to me.
I can feel your comfort,
I can feel your love,
I can feel YOU.
I love your touch,
your every caress I sense on my cheek.
If you believe in me,
I can do anything.
Til I see you again,
Wait for me.



*Cassie Buck Player* 

3 comments:

Courtnie said...

Beautiful Cassie! I can't believe it has been that long. What an amazing man he was.

Kris said...

Cassie you have a gift with words. Do you know that?

I especially liked the line "I hear your voice through a wink of your tender eye". Man of few words when he was able to talk, but his wink could speak volumes.
Keep writing.

Aunt Kris

Bethany said...

Oh, Cassie. Loved this.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB