just a small questionare/help.

|

Hey everyone, this is Nick, I'm in the process of writing a "book" or something, but i needed some input.

what it is, is a book on how there are 4 things in our lives that work together to help you in life.

1) physical: being fit, as well as healthy
2) Mental: being mentally fit, by taking care of what's needed
3) Emotional: this is our relationships with others family/friends
4) spiritual: our relationship with Heavenly Father.

The purpose of this book is to be able to see how all four quadrants, rely on each other; Think of them as table legs. In life as we stack things on our table, we need strong support to be able to hold it all, so when one of those things starts to weaken, the other 3 need to compensate for the weakened leg, and as we keep adding things to the top of the table, it gets harder for all 4 legs, thus, the table breaks and we break. So you can see how it's important for all 4 legs to be equally strong.

I am going to break it down even further, into sub categories, but I just wanted to get some input from you all, maybe even some stories or circumstances as to how the 4 legs are in your own life.( if you don't want to post it, you can email me, just let me know)

Take me for instance; while on my mission, i struggled with some depression(mental), as I continued I began to feel very lethargic, and not wanting to really do anything(physical), my mission companion had to really work hard as if he wasn't already, but I wasn't doing anything, and it was really affecting our relationship(emotional), and not to mention, i didn't read one single scripture for days, i just sat and stared(spiritual). See how these all work together? by not taking care of my mental "leg" all of my other legs had to work harder, and they weren't strong enough either to pick up the extra slack.

So as you can see. it is very important to be able to work on all 4 aspects, as well as all the other things, but I just wanted to get a heads up as to how you all feel about it, and if you once again, have any input.

Please let me know of any ideas.

Love you all,
Nick

1 Comentário:

Bethany said...

I think that's a great idea, Nick! It's so true. I'll email you when I get a chance (I can't promise it will be too soon because we're trying to get moved and stuff.)

Love you!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB