From the Millard County Chronicle, July 26th 1979

|

For Bethany Buck
by Grandma Sarah Inez Moody

I was sitting on God's knee. And, He was telling me about the beauties of a life on Earth despite its trials and tribulations. He asked me did I want to go to Earth and I answered, "yes, oh, yes." And I continued that I would like to go to Earth on July 11th, 1979.

"And, my child, who would you like for your parents?", He asked me.

Now that is a big question. I pondered that one, for Earth parents have much to do with one's returning to our Heavenly Father. And I looked Earth over carefully.

And I looked and looked. Earth is filled with many people, some of whom would make excellent parents. But, I wanted the very best. God gave me a few hours in which to continue looking at Earth.

And, finally. Finally, I saw this marvelous Earth Family in Orem, Utah. And I watched them for several more hours. I saw this very handsome Earth Father who works hard to provide. I saw this beautiful Earth Mother who also works hard to keep the Earth Home going smoothly. And I saw six happy and beautiful Earth Children. There was Kimberly, Arienne, and Tamara. Just beautiful Earth Children. Then I looked a little closer and saw Joshua, Zackary, and Gabriel. And they were happy Earth Children, also. As I continued to watch this Earth Family, I saw all of them getting into their best clothes and going to church. I saw how well behaved they were in His Church and came to my decision.

"I want to belong to that Earth Family, Dear Heavenly Father. I want that Family."

And God honored my decision.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

This is so cute! Such a sweet and simple story. :)

Bethany said...

Mom gave me the original newspaper, and I still have it. One day I'll custom frame it beautifully and hang it in our home. :)

jackson said...

oh, Mom was so sweet and so original. Loved this. She just sort of opened her heart in her columns. love you Bethany.
Aunt Myrna

Courtnie said...

That was so amazing! She was such an amazing woman!

Jan'l said...

Thanks for sharing that Bethany. I loved that! Gma sure was creative in her writing, I have never seen anything like this. You should have it framed :) Love you, Jan'l

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB