Mom - The Hostess

|

Last weekend I had invited some friends from my church for a Sunday dinner. As I was preparing it (meatloaf, red potatoes, and green beans cajun style), my thoughts turned to mom and the gift she had in entertaining people. Now keep in mind, I do not cook too often but memories flooded back and I became my mom for that afternoon. It was important to me to make sure everyone invited was comfortable in my home, that the table (although small with mismatched dinnerware)was properly set, and that I was ready to serve in any way needed. I remembered mom and I felt like mom.
You know the old saying "I've become just like my mom" was never so true but in a very positive way. I am so thankful that it was important to mom to teach us to respect those around us. What an awesome mother we had, don't you think? Now if I can just consistently save and wash out the bread bags I would be set, oh and fold the tin foil for later use.

2 comments:

Courtnie said...

I strive to be more like you also, well for the most part!

jackson said...

cute blog Kris, I too become mother every time I have someone over to eat. i have to have matching everything and today I am cooking black eyed peas or dinner. Now that is definitely mom!!!
Love you
Myrna

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB