From Amber

|

I'm posting this for Amber.
She originally wrote this as a comment to the picture I posted of mom getting wet with a hose. It is definately something that should be front and center.

I was dusting the other day and came across a shelf stocked with photo albums and such. My dusting ended THERE as I stopped too long and began browsing through the album my Mom gave us kids for Christmas a few years ago of clippings from Grandma Moody's column articles...Inez Sez and the like...Before long I was deeply engrossed, now not just standing near the shelf, but plopping down on the nearby couch and delving in...Papa and Mama Pyland stories, political opinions, news of Delta, stories and poems and musings of motherhood and children and jams and jellies...Being on a free summer schedule for a few weeks yet and my children happily playing spy and Monopoly and Checkers upstairs, I was treated to a long afternoon of hearing Grandma's "voice." Before I knew it, it was 5 pm (I had begun dusting after lunch!) I woke up out of my dream world of Delta days gone by, wiped away a few tears, and got up to begin my evening/dinner routine with my own little ones...yet somehow feeling quite different...a new perspective upon my shoulders and feeling close to family though still far away...a continuing of tradition...a recognition of the part of my life that I now see came from my Grandma and my Mom...Thanks Mom for sharing the memories and spending the hours to give me that book so I could know Grandma and Mama and Papa Pyland so much more...not just pictures...part of me as I am a part of them...FAMILY...

Love, Amber

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB