Leona

|

I was at Walmart last night and a woman walked in front of me that looked exactly like Leona! she walked like her, her hair was the same, it was very eery and it made me miss her so much. What a lovely lady she was. I enjoyed her so much and still think of her alot. I have also had that same experience at the Temple. It will be great when we all are together again and can just enjoy each other and my time is swiftly coming!
I am now 57 and really can't believe it. Even when I write 57 it seems like I am talking about someone other than me. I mean, I still feel 18! My body however, is not cooperating! But my mind will just not accept that I am getting close to 60!
love you all
mom/aunt Myrna

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I've had an experience like that as well. It was while I was in college at Snow, and we went to do baptisms for the dead in Manti. I hadn't been to the temple in *6* years! So I was a little anxious and right after we show our recommends, I look up and there was this sweet temple worker who looked *EXACTLY* like Grandpa Riding. It was mind blowing and I just KNEW that it didn't matter how long it had been since I'd last been to the temple, it was exactly where I was supposed to be. One of my favorite memories from my time at Snow.

Bob Jr. said...

I am still upset with her for leaving us as she did - I truly miss the many "day trips" she and I went on together. She was always so agreeable to just take off, at literally a moments notice. We would get lots of water, some snacks, gas for dad's little blue pickup and then head out to Callao, Fish Springs, Garrison, Partoun, Eskdale, Marjum Pass, Amase Valley (Notch Peak). Or to Clear Lake then on over to Meadow and Flowell (didn't stay long there, that is the "east side" of the county as you may know - we did not want to catch a disease!). We went one time up to the very "origin spring" of Oak Creek. Another time we went to Fool Peak and hiked around and then ate our snacks down at "the sinks". I took her to Clay Springs and showed her the exact spot where many years earlier I shot my first dove while hunting with dad.
Yes, I am not happy with her leaving us as she did!! Took away my reason to go back to those wonderful places where I spent my youth!! Leona was (is) a most precious person and I will always love her for her just plane goodness and how she took such great care of my dad.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 The Riding Family | Template Blue by TNB